What a wonderful match of fall flavors! A while back Mom bought two lugs of pears, and we have been patiently waiting for them to ripen. Now they’re ready, and we have to deal with those two lugs of pears. NO problem! We froze some, dehydrated others, and turned them into jam. And I couldn’t help but put them into this scrumptious loaf!
: : Honey Pecan Pear Bread : :
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups (9.5 oz) Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled pears
- 2/3 cups chopped pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease an 8 x 4 x 2-in. loaf pan. In a large bowl, combine honey and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cardamom and cinnamon. Gently fold into the wet ingredients just into moist. Fold in the pears and pecans.
3. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 60-75 min or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with butter, cream cheese, pear jam, or a combination.