Crunchy on the bottom, tender in the middle, crinkly skin on top. These potatoes resemble homemade potato chips in taste, but are so much easier to make and require much less oil. Serve with sour cream, butter, salt and pepper, or whatever you wish.
Crunchy Coconut Oil Potatoes
- Approximately 7 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened or melted
- Kosher or Sea salt
- Sour cream, butter, and extra salt and pepper, for serving
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F. Wash and scrub potatoes to remove dirt. Remove any undesirably spots with a knife. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
2) Pour the coconut oil into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle with Kosher or Sea salt. Place the potatoes, cut side down, in the bottom of the pan.
3) Bake in preheated oven for approximately 1 hour, or until the underside of the potatoes are browned and the flesh is soft. To serve, cut the potato open through the skin and spread on a little butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and dab on a bit of sour cream.
So, how would you serve these potatoes?