What do you do when you have an abundance of fresh raspberries + a desire to bake something scrumptious? Make these Raspberry Cheese Brownies, of course! Dark chocolate brownies on the bottom, cheesecake batter, swirls of brownie batter, and raspberries poked in.
Many thanks to Kayleigh of Kayotic Kitchen. When I asked the twitter community for a delicious raspberry recipe, she promptly replied with a link to this recipe. It is certainly a keeper.
Notes: These were very flavorful; however, I think I will add a pinch of salt to both batters and a splash of vanilla to the brownie batter. The original recipe says to use an 8″x12″ square baking pan. That didn’t make sense to me, so I just used a standard 13″x9″ glass baking dish instead. Worked perfectly.
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 7 oz butter, cut into pieces
- 7 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 5 oz raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 14 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, room temperature
2) Beat the softened butter with 1 cup of sugar until slightly fluffy. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3) Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Let cool slightly. Stir into the butter and sugar mixture. Add the sieved flour and carefully fold it in.
6) Bake at 350°F (175C) for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake feels set when gently touched in the center. Let the brownies cool off completely, preferably overnight, before cutting them in squares.