……As I glanced through Simply Summer by Angela Tunner, this recipe caught my eye. You see, I’m a sucker for anything involving coconut. Not only does it taste so wonderfully exotic, it is also very healthy. Granted, the sweetened shredded coconut used in this recipe is not the most healthy variety of coconut products, but it still tastes delicious.
……This recipe is perfect for that scorching summer day when you don’t feel like adding any extra heat to the house. You could cook the chicken the night before, or on some day that’s pleasantly cool. It is very filling, so you can serve it as your main dish. Or spread it on a piece of you favorite bread to create a very different chicken salad sandwich.
Mango & Coconut Chicken
From Simply Summer
- 4 cups torn or shredded cooked chicken (about 3 medium chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Major Grey mango chutney*
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used sour cream)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pepper, black, to taste
1) Place the chicken pieces in a medium bowl. Add the shredded coconut, lemon juice, mustard, chutney, and yogurt and toss until well combined. Add the parsley and toss to combine.
2) Stir in the salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
*Angela’s Tip: Major Grey is no a brand of chutney, it is a style of chutney. Look for it under various brand names in your supermarket in the condiments or ethnic section