Almost two years ago I first published my favorite cheese ball recipe. Below is one of the photos that I proudly displayed. Ha!
We have continued to make the recipe as originally written. It’s one of our favorite snacks.
Check out my guest post on the Tasty Kitchen Blog for new step-by-step photos & instructions.
It is Dad’s philosophy that when you find the perfect recipe for a particular dish you should stick with it. We believe we have found the perfect guacamole recipe. I can’t remember the last time we used a different recipe. It was in the far past.
This recipe has a wonderful blend of flavors – creamy avocados, spicy jalapeno pepper, tasty cumin, tangy lime…
One recipe isn’t nearly enough for us. We usually double it.
- 3 medium, ripe avocados, preferably Haas
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2 tablespoons – 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 – 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
1) Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and score with a knife in several places both lengthwise and crosswise. Use a spoon to remove the flesh into a medium-sized bowl.
2) Add the remaining ingredients to the avocados. Mash lightly with a potato masher or fork and stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. For best flavor, allow the ingredients to meld: press a piece of plastic wrap onto the guacamole and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Serve cold or at room temperature.