A few weeks ago I received this beautiful gadget and excitedly opened it. Let me share my findings with you!
The Perfect Portions Scale is a special food scale that helps you to accurately keep track of your nutritional & calorie intake. It’s a food scale + nutrition facts. Here’s how it works:
Find your food’s number in the index.
Enter the food code and place the item on the scale.
And there you have a complete nutritional analysis: calories, carbs, fiber, etc. How cool is that?
You can also see the % Daily Value.
Let’s try something a bit more complicated: Bread with butter. Enter the food code & weigh the item.
Press the zero button, spread your bread with butter, enter the food code for butter, weigh again and hit save.
Now, hit the total button.
And there you have it: an analysis of both your bread & butter. In this way you can calculate your entire meal.
You can also easily enter up to 99 custom foods.
Sleek, elegant design.
Simple, easy navigation.
Ability to enter custom foods.
Ability to calculate an entire meal.
Helps to keep track of your actual calorie & nutritional intake.
The only thing I dislike about this scale is that you must look up each food item in the food code book. However, it is very easy to locate and enter the code, so it really isn’t a problem.
The generous people at Perfect Portions have agreed to give one (1) of my lucky readers one of their super-cool scales.
Here’s how you can enter to win:
1) (Mandatory) Leave a comment on this post, answering this question: What is your food weakness? Is it difficult for you to say no to a second slice of flourless chocolate cake? Can’t resist a slice of pizza? Don’t have a food weakness? Just tell me that! Make sure to enter a valid email address in the comment form.
2) For another chance to win, tweet about my giveaway. Make sure to come back and leave a second comment on this post telling me that you tweeted.
3) For another chance to win, blog about my giveaway. Make sure to come back and leave a second comment on this post with a link to your blog post.
4) For another chance to win, post about my giveaway on Facebook. Make sure to come back and leave a second comment on this post telling me that you posted on Facebook.
5) For another chance to win, subscribe to my RSS feed or follow me on twitter or “like” my Facebook page. Make sure to leave a separate comment for each of these. If you already participate in any of these activities, just say that.
Giveaway ends next Wednesday, October 20, at 10:00 PM Central.
On Thursday I will select a winner via random.org. Winner will be contacted via email.
This giveaway is now closed. No further comments will be considered. Results tomorrow!